***Must be licensed by the State of Florida at the Clinical Laboratory Technologist level and in Toxicology***
DO NOT APPLY if you do not have this requirement!
Genesis Reference Laboratories (GRL) was founded in 2015 in Orlando, FL. Since then, it has changed management to involve the dynamic team that runs it now. In the beginning, there were only two lab staff and one accessioner, and the majority of testing consisted of only toxicology.
Over our short history, the leadership built a collaborative and dominating team that turned into the dynamic company you see today. This exceptional growth predominantly happened during the COVID-19 pandemic, and today we offer a comprehensive testing menu. This push helped us become the leading example of excellence in our industry. Our team is built to bring accurate and quick test results to ensure that every patient gets the best-individualized treatment.
We are a very successful organization with over 100+ employees nationwide and we offer over 30+ tests in Molecular and Toxicology and the good news is that we are still growing and expanding nationwide.
The mission of Genesis Reference Laboratories is to combine accuracy with integrity to supply healthcare professionals with clinically actionable data, in order to improve patient outcomes and our vision is to be the leader in diagnostic testing by redefining excellence through accuracy, compassion, and high-quality innovative solutions.
Are you interested in taking your career to the next level by joining a successful and growing laboratory that will provide the opportunity to work autonomously while living in exciting Orlando, Florida?
Genesis Reference Labs is currently seeking a Certifying Scientistt for our growing company. This position is in office position and it might require for you to work some nights or weekends.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Must be licensed by the State of Florida at the Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in Toxicology.
– Performs various support activities to facilitate the operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical, and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
– Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
– Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. – – – Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as company policies.
– Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
– Must be licensed by the State of Florida at the Clinical Laboratory Technologist level and in Toxicology.
– Technical skills and aptitudes related to laboratory testing, procedures, and processes performed in the department or work area assigned.
– Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners, and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
– Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term, OR
– Four years of post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biological Science, or Healthcare-related field
– One-year analytical, and technical experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting, OR
– Completion of a clinical internship in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent program
– Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist or equivalent term
– At least two years’ experience, in your licensed area, including experience in writing standard operating procedures/policies and developing departmental quality control mechanisms.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
– Strong organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
– Independent thinking and attention to detail.
-Generous Paid Time Off Policy
-Flexible Hours and Schedule
-Company Fun Events
-Professional Development Opportunities
-Weekly Pay on Fridays