Genesis Reference Laboratories (GRL) was founded in 2015 in Orlando, FL. Since then, it has changed management to involve the dynamic team that runs it now. In the beginning, there were only two lab staff and one accessioner, and the majority of testing consisted of only toxicology.
Over our short history, the leadership built a collaborative and dominating team that turned into the dynamic company you see today. This exceptional growth predominantly happened during the COVID-19 pandemic, and today we offer a comprehensive testing menu. This push helped us become the leading example of excellence in our industry. Our team is built to bring accurate and quick test results to ensure that every patient gets the best-individualized treatment.
We are a very successful organization with over 100+ employees nationwide and we offer over 30+ tests in Molecular and Toxicology and the good news is that we are still growing and expanding nationwide.
The mission of Genesis Reference Laboratories is to combine accuracy with integrity to supply healthcare professionals with clinically actionable data, in order to improve patient outcomes and our vision is to be the leader in diagnostic testing by redefining excellence through accuracy, compassion, and high-quality innovative solutions.
The Corporate Accountant supports the Finance Team in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance/accounting department. Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to maintaining the general ledger, reviewing and preparing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts.
– Maintaining monthly close processes and account reconciliations.
– Performing full circle Accounts Payable Functions.
– Updating financial records via accounting software.
– Gathering payroll expenses and input into appropriate GL.
– Preparing quarterly budget under the purview of senior management.
– Analyzing financial statements and preparing balance sheets.
– Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting and reporting activities.
– Preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
– Responsible for tracking and maintaining records of fixed assets and inventory.
– Comparing accounting records, verifying for accuracy, and resolving discrepancies.
– Back-up of Payroll functions.
– Analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet variance analysis.
– Assisting with the analysis and interpretation of finance/accounting records for use by management.
– Ad hoc project work as assigned.
– Assisting with other related duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Finance, or a related area of study.
– Experience in QuickBooks
– Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications (MS Excel)
– Strong understanding and ability to demonstrate principles and techniques of General Accepted Accounting – – Principles (“GAAP”), financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis.
– Strong relationship-building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”.
– Strong organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
– Independent thinking and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment
– Generous PTO and Sick Policy
– Competitive Compensation
– Flexible Hours and Schedule
– Hybrid Position
– Company Fun Events
– Lunch & Learns
– Professional Development
– Weekly Pay on Fridays
– 401k Matching
– Holiday Pay
– Inclusive Culture
– Dog Friendly