Genesis Reference Laboratories (GRL) was founded in 2015 in Orlando, FL. Since then, it has changed management to involve the dynamic team that runs it now. In the beginning, there were only two lab staff and one accessioner, and the majority of testing consisted of only toxicology.
Over our short history, the leadership built a collaborative and dominating team that turned into the dynamic company you see today. This exceptional growth predominantly happened during the COVID-19 pandemic, and today we offer a comprehensive testing menu. This push helped us become the leading example of excellence in our industry. Our team is built to bring accurate and quick test results to ensure that every patient gets the best-individualized treatment.
We are a very successful organization with over 100+ employees nationwide and we offer over 30+ tests in Molecular and Toxicology and the good news is that we are still growing and expanding nationwide.
The mission of Genesis Reference Laboratories is to combine accuracy with integrity to supply healthcare professionals with clinically actionable data, in order to improve patient outcomes and our vision is to be the leader in diagnostic testing by redefining excellence through accuracy, compassion, and high-quality innovative solutions.
Genesis Reference Laboratories is seeking a Laboratory Care Specialist to collect specimens for Toxicology and PCR Testing with our Partners in Peachtree Corners, GA.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
– This is a Part-Time Position.
– This is an On-site Position in Peachtree Corners, GA.
– The current schedule is still to be determined but it will be flexible hours.
– Previous medical or laboratory experience is preferred but not required.
– Accurately enter patient data into laboratory software.
– Create lab requisition forms using laboratory software.
– Prepare specimen collection kits.
– Properly collect, label, and package specimens for shipment.
– Communicate effectively with account staff regarding patient reports.
– Monitor specimen turnaround time and work with the supervisor to resolve issues.
– Monitor collection supply volume and ensure timely fulfillment of supply requests.
– Assisting with other related duties as assigned.
– High School diploma or equivalent.
– Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
– Ability to meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
– Must be computer proficient.
– Data entry skills, basic computer knowledge, and willingness to learn.
– Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills required.
– Must be reliable and dependable.
– Display a compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
– Ability to learn and consistently use the standard operating procedure for collection and maintenance using those skills with minimal supervision.
– Must be able to communicate with staff, management, and patients in a professional manner both verbally and written.
– Generous PTO Policy
– Competitive Compensation
– Flexible Schedule
– Company Fun Events
– Professional Development Opportunities
– Paid Training
– 401K Matching
– Holiday Pay
– Weekly Pay on Fridays
– Inclusive Culture