Genesis Reference Laboratories (GRL) was founded in 2015 in Orlando, FL. Since then, it has changed management to involve the dynamic team that runs it now. In the beginning, there were only two lab staff and one accessioner, and the majority of testing consisted of only toxicology.
Over our short history, the leadership built a collaborative and dominating team that turned into the dynamic company you see today. This exceptional growth predominantly happened during the COVID-19 pandemic, and today we offer a comprehensive testing menu. This push helped us become the leading example of excellence in our industry. Our team is built to bring accurate and quick test results to ensure that every patient gets the best-individualized treatment.
We are a very successful organization with over 120+ employees nationwide and we offer over 150+ tests in Molecular and Toxicology and the good news is that we are still growing and expanding nationwide.
The mission of Genesis Reference Laboratories is to combine accuracy with integrity to supply healthcare professionals with clinically actionable data, in order to improve patient outcomes and our vision is to be the leader in diagnostic testing by redefining excellence through accuracy, compassion, and high-quality innovative solutions.
We are a national lab presence with a local feel!
Genesis Reference Laboratories is seeking a Laboratory Care Specialist to collect specimens for Toxicology and PCR Testing with our Partners in Denver, CO.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● This is a Part-Time Position.
● This is an On-site Position in Denver, CO.
● The current schedule are Monday to Friday and the hours are still to be decided.
● Collect various specimens directly from patients to potentially include: urine, salvia, nasal mucus, blood, stool, and epidermal samples.
● Utilize custom Laboratory Information System (LIS) Genuin to accurately enter patient data, create requisitions at the direction of providers, and coordinate lab result communication.
● Prepare specimen collection kits for individual patient use to include but not limited to: specimen collection device, specimen transport device, biohazard bag, and appropriate documentation.
● Properly collect, label, and package specimens for shipment.
● Communicate effectively with account staff regarding patient reports.
● Monitor specimen turnaround time and work with the Genesis supervisor to resolve issues.
● Monitor collection supply volume and ensure timely fulfillment of supply requests.
● Provide medical courier service through the retrieval of samples from client locations, ensuring accuracy and temperature, then dropping them off at the respective shipping location.
● Resolve all specimen resolution issues within 24 hours and open claims within 5 business days.
● Help to develop and update Site Book for the assigned location
● Ability to explain accurately and calmly to patients what they are doing and be able to answer any questions a patient may have.
● Maintain a clean and sanitized collection area.
● Complete all assigned course work and yearly certifications required in the role including HIPAA, EKRA, safety and training.
● Assisting with other related duties as assigned.
● 1 yr experience with direct patient care or customer service
● 1 yr experience computer proficiency professionally or educationally
● Must have reliable transportation
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Ability to meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
● Data entry skills, basic computer knowledge, and willingness to learn.
● Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills required.
● Must be reliable and dependable.
● Display a compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
● Ability to learn and consistently use the standard operating procedure for collection and maintenance using those skills with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to communicate with staff, management, and patients in a professional manner both verbally and written.
● Strong analytical, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
● Professional telephone etiquette as well as strong writing and verbal communication skills.
● Independent thinking, adaptable and able to work independently without direct supervision.
● CNA, MA, or Phlebotomy Certifications
● Experience in medical specimen processing
● Competency utilizing various EHR and EMR systems
● Strong relationship-building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”.
● Strong organization, time management, problem-solving and attention to detail.
● Advanced computer skills, Microsoft Office/Google, Microsoft Office 365 applications (MS Excel).
● Generous PTO, Sick and Holiday Policy
● Competitive Compensation
● Flexible Hours and Schedule
● Company Fun Events
● Professional Development
● 401k Matching
● Inclusive Culture
● Fun Environment
● Weekly pay on Fridays
Genesis Reference Laboratories is a Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.